Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Attempts

With the cost of living in San Diego being about 30% higher and Elle's school being three-four times more I am toying with the idea of joining the leagues of Mommy Photographers. Photography is something I really enjoy and I really like the idea of disciplining myself to improve enough to start a business. Don't get me wrong-I am completely intimidated at the idea but I am never one to shy away from a scary challenge.

So this morning while Elle was at school I asked my good friend Cheryl if I could borrow her pretty self and gorgeous daughters (Aubree age 4, Lo age 17 months) and attempt a couple first.

* This was the first time I ever shot in RAW
* First time using Manual Focus, and Toggling (Thank you Kati for that term).
* First time editing in Photoshop. (I generally don't edit at all, and if I do it is adding fill light or cropping in Picasa)

I am not necessarily happy with how things turned out- so many flaws from blurry, to lighting errors, to over pixelation.  However, it was meant to be a learning experiment so I am reminding myself I am in the learning curve and can't expect perfection.

I know this is a Facebook repeat of pictures but wanted to document on my blog.


























1 comment:

  1. Okay so many things to say: first YES! I must be honest and say that I have been waiting for you to go pro in photography. I know so many moms out there who got a nice camera and say "hey I think I'll take photos for a living" but they just don't have the eye for it. When you started taking photos in your home of your girls, I kept thinking, "Gosh SHE has the eye and she's not even doing it professionally." The fact that you can take gorgeous pictures and NEVER edit is stinking AMAZING. Seriously, do you know how much people rely on editing these days? I think it's an excuse for not quite having the eye. I am SO glad you have taken the plunge and are researching, practicing, even working on a watermark (which I love by the way). I think taking pictures in San Diego is exactly what you should do. You can be flexible and work from home. It's totally the perfect job for you. I love the picture of the mama and her babies beside the big window. It totally captures them. Just so you know, I will totally love to "help" you practice any time you want. Shoot, now I'm wishing I lived in San Diego so I could hire you to do my family photos. Okay, enough of a novel. All this to say, "Bravo! And Carpe Diem!"

    ReplyDelete