Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Why Intentful not Intentional

In a way this blog should really be called "The Intentional Life" as the purpose of it is for me to hash through my thoughts so that I can be intentional in all my actions. As the thing I struggle with is having thoughts that I intend to do but not actually doing them. I was thinking about how much time I waste just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

I can my imagine my brother-in-law cringing at the inaccuracy of my semantics but it is what works for me. Furthermore, it is what works for this blog since "The Intentional Life" is a very well used name.

No comments:

Post a Comment