Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The SUN!

After 20 days strait of rain the sun finally came out this past Saturday. The monsoon started again on Sunday, but Saturday was a glorious day of sun. We joined the ranks of every other Portlander and got outside! Our family had a first ever Saturday everyone up by 7 am (not even planned or tried for) and were in the car headed to the city by 9 am. We didn't really have a plan other than BE OUTSIDE. As we were discussing what to do when L chimed in that she thought we ought to go to the zoo. It was so early that we knew we would get a parking spot and headed that direction. The weather was amazing-I don't think California people understand what I mean by amazing- it comes from depravity. We capped off the perfect day with meeting some friends and having an outside dinner with them.

* L insisted that she wear her last year swimsuit and blue ruffle shoes. After much discussion about needing to wear bottoms if we left the house she consented to wear a tutu with the swim suit.


L's two favorite parts on this trip were the pygmy goats and the African drums. I think she would of stayed with the either for hours on end.

L quotes from the Goat Pin.
"Goats! Lots of Goats! YEAH!!!"















"Goats make me happy"

































"Really HAPPY! Funny Goat."















"This is MY Goat!"

































"I love you my, Goat."


































"Daddy, help me brush my goat."


















Not much talking while drumming. Just lots and lots of happy squeals and quick movement.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment