Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Binoculars

Many, many moons ago  Joe and I bought a pair of binoculars. We did a lot of hiking all over California
(that should point to just how long ago) and thought it would be great to have when looking from a mountain top. They were small binoculars, easy to pack, but with a good strong lens. In all this time of ownership we have used them once. We would generally be nearing the top of the mountain when one of us would realize that once again the binoculars were in the glove box-our full proof won't forget them if they are there plan. Over time we just sort of forgot them completely.


Then a couple of weekends ago when cleaning out the garage L found them. Since then they have been her favorite toy which she never forgets to take with her everywhere.

Just out of the stroller and scoping the park.






















For reasons I am not sure I will ever understand she always wants here hair in a ponytail when in explorer mode.

She took awhile to decided what to do. I told her she had to hand over the binoculars if she wanted to go to the sand pit.





















She had to take a few more long looks through before she came to a decision.























It was a hard decision.





















But in the end she new what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment