Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Saturday, April 24, 2010

No Bake Clay Play

One of my friends is a mother of twin girls about a month older than L, and she is often my crafting inspiration. She is constantly researching new craft ideas to do with the girls, and she always sends me an email with either a link or a recipe for a new one to try. It is great.

Recently she found a recipe for a no bake craft clay that can be dried and painted on the next day. As it takes about 5 minutes to make, and is really two days of projects in one I thought that L and I should give it a try as well. (recipe and directions on bottom)

L taking rolling out the clay rather seriously















Now for cutting out with cookie cutters.



































And carefully putting it on the dry rack.















Learning how to make a pinch pot (lots of mom help)

















Dough tasting face, "Icky"



Carefully painting a car















What color next?





















And more painting. (I showed her how to clean her brush by wiping it on the paper)





















The finish projects (I got to help when told to and where and what)















No-Bake Craft Clay

Materials

  • 1 cup cornstarch
  • 1 1/4 cups cold water
  • 2 cups baking soda (1 pound)
  • Saucepan
  • Food coloring (optional)
  • Plate
  • Damp cloth
  • Tempera or acrylic paints (optional)
  • Clear shellac, acrylic spray, or nail polish
Directions
  1. Combine cornstarch, water, and baking soda in saucepan; stir over medium heat for about 4 minutes until mixture thickens to a moist mashed-potato consistency. (For colored clay, add a few drops of food coloring to the water before it is mixed with cornstarch and baking soda.)
  2. Remove from heat, turn onto plate, and cover with a damp cloth until cool.
  3. Knead until smooth.
  4. Shape as desired or store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
  5. Dry sculptures overnight, then paint with tempera or acrylic.
  6. Seal with shellac, acrylic spray, or nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment