Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Update and Important Information

Oscar Update

After 3 days in intensive care our Oscar Cat is looking like he will make it. Currently his only problem has been an ongoing lack of desire to eat. If we carry him to his food bowl and cover his food with chicken broth our little cat prince will be enticed enough to eat. It has been really nice having Oscar back to the say the least.

IMPORTANT
On that note I thought I should share some important Anti-Freeze information.


1) The antidote will only work if given under 3 hours of indigestion. After 3 hours there is 0% chance of survival.

2) It takes very little to kill an animal (or child). For Oscar, a 14 lb cat, 2 teaspoons is lethal-or two large licks.


3) Animals do not appear sick generally until after 3 hours of indigestion. So if you find your beloved pet in an area with exposed anti freeze take them to the vet immediately. Once there the pet can be given the first dose of the antidote (there are four doses of the antidote). There is a test that takes about 6 hours for results that can tell you if your pet has had a lethal amount.If it comes back negative you can stop the treatment.

4) Anti-freeze poisoning causes death by deteriorating the kidneys. This is a very painful way to die. So please, please take your pet in to be euthanized if you are choosing not to give your pet the antidote (it is a very expensive treatment) or if you found your pet too late for the antidote to work.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Oscar's doing better! And thanks for the information about anti-freeze. I had no idea the window was so small.

    ReplyDelete