Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snow Day(s)

A few days after Christmas we got hit with a surprise snow storm. It wasn't predicted and for those out on the roads it was an absolute traffic disaster. However, our little family was safe at home and got to enjoy it as the perfect amount of snow for the perfect length of time. It started snowing when L took her nap, andI feared that it would be gone by the time she woke up. So when she did wake and it was still snowing I literally rushed her into her snow clothes and rushed her outside.


A very sleepy L wishing to be slowly waking in her bed.


I think she almost put herself back to sleep here.


But soon Daddy was able to entice her with a snow ball toss game.


And then the smiles started.


Yeah for snow twirls!


Trekking through Narnia.

L was insistent that the lawn needed mowing.


She got out her summer toys to play with in the snow.

We ended up getting about 4 inches of snow, but by the next morning it was melting fast. However, this time I let L wake up fully before we headed out in it.

She was ready to go!


And very happy.


The night before I tried teaching her how to catch a snowflake with the tongue. I guess it was a delayed response.


Again she thought the lawn needed mowing.


Such a cutie.


We attempted at building a snow man, but the snow was quickly becoming slush and this was about the best we could do (notice the giant chunk in the middle that already melted and broke away?)


L didn't care though, she thought her snowman was pretty grand.


Greeting her snowman.


Laughing at her snowman's joke.


Our Snow Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment