Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Twas the Weekend After Thanksgiving

In order to stay above the Christmas scramble we get our holiday decor up the weekend after Thanksgiving. If we miss that date there is no guarantee when we will have the time to do so. Plus we really like relishing in the holiday festivities as long as possible. Moreover, sharing the holiday traditions and cheer with a nearly two year-old some how makes an already great season even better, so we really don't want to miss a day of the season.


Our perfect tree. (Tall and skinny is what our living room wants)


Watching Daddy intently.


That's right, my daddy is the MAN!


I am the MAN!


"Uh-oh! Daddy tree down." L repeated over and over again until she got the tree was down so it could come home with us.


Offering to help put up the lights.


But when the offer was somewhat rejected she contently drank hot coco and admired from a far.


"Hanging" the first ornament.


"I did it!"


You sure did.


L was quite impressed at her handiwork, so she pulled up a chair to admire it.


When she noticed that we were still hanging ornaments she got up and kept asking for more to hang. When there was no more L used some ingenuity and turned some toys into ornaments. (see baby, car and bottle)


L went back to one of of the Christmas boxes and didn't return. Things got a bit too quite.


Looks like someone found the sprinkles in the box.

Tongue ready for some sprinkle action.


Oops, looks like somebody just realized they were caught :-)

3 comments:

  1. I don't know that I've ever seen a more adorable family! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete