Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cookie Decorating With Friends

The Tuesday before Christmas we had a couple of our friends over for a cookie decorating party. L and I made the Christmas cookies and frosting the night before, and I readied the cookies for decor with frosting right before our friends arrived. Derek, Connor and L are probably the three least sugared two-year olds in the U.S and at first just stared at the colorful arrangement before them.


A puzzled discussion of what to do. (current decor is mom placed)


Connor: EUREKA! I think I have got it!


You just reach over and...


You just put it in your mouth!


L: Mmmm, good idea Connor.


Derek: No, I am quite certain that is not what we are to do at all.


L: Ok, how about this then.


Derek: By George, L, I think you have got it!


L: YEAH, I did it!


Connor: I still think I am right.


L: Yeah! Derek is doing it!


Derek: What do you have there, L?
L: I found sprinkles.


Derek: Here, L, I will help you with that.


L: Gosh, thanks Derek! Your the best.


Connor: Good grief you two.


I am just going to stick to my plan and eat.


Derek: What? I am just taking care of my girl.

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I am laughing so hard! That is a great post. I love your comments. Sooo cute! We need to do a moms tea at that Lavendar tea house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I thought the comments were cute too. Thanks for a great time. Amy I love the tea house idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imaya - this post (as many of the others) should be a littl story book! Conner just takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! This post is too funny. I love L's precision. And CURLS! Where did she get curls?

    ReplyDelete