Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Saturday, March 24, 2012

This and That

This week was probably one of the worst parenting weeks I can remember-worse than when Elle was two and had Hand, Foot & Mouth (the previous title holder). Hannah is teething, Hannah has had a cold-read Hannah has not slept in the past five nights, maybe more I can't remember. Elle's school had a snow day for freakin half an inch of slush. Joe had finals one of which took 12 hours and 14 pages. The fact that I made it through with a somewhat clean house, still breathing children, and not missing a workout is close to a miracle. I don't remember being this exhausted ever. (Yeah, for Elle's current obsession with "The Lion King" as I survived the week by putting it on for her nearly every day. Out the window went science projects, games, crafts, and whatever else I normally come up with. )

Things started to perk up with the sun coming out yesterday, and Joe finally finishing the never ending final. I took a solid, blissful, dream filled two hour nap. I don't remember anything else from the day, but gosh that nap was glorious. Hannah only woke twice last night so I was refreshed enough to enjoy the fleeting warmth of today.

In Oregon you don't take the sun lightly, especially in the endlessly rainy springtime, and although braving the crowds of every other Portland area parent at the zoo was tempting we opted to tend our very neglected backyard. The girls joined us and Hannah gleefully crawled around on the lawn putting all things in her mouth. Being the second child I 1) wasn't too concerned about a bit of dirt in the mouth, and 2) forgot to document with pictures. Fingers crossed there is no garden worm diaper reward for my parenting negligence.

The Move stuff is moving. In an unbelievable can only be our Crazy Amazing God kind of story the stress of finding renters for our house has skipped us. The woman we purchased our house from nearly six years ago very much wants to rent it. Way back last fall she stopped by after a substantial size check was accidentally delivered to our mailbox (I asked our neighbors if they by chance had her contact info).  While getting a tour of all the remodel stuff we have done she mentioned how much she loved this house, I joked that she could rent it from us. Much to my surprise she enthusiastically informed me that she would love to. I got her cell phone number and told her I would contact her when we knew where/when we were moving. I talked to her this morning, and she very much wants to rent it!

 Now if only my Crazy, Amazing God could make the right house in SD, in the right neighborhood appear and fall right into our laps....If you know of anyone who is renting a house down there please let me know :-)

1 comment:

  1. Chica, with that kind of week, breathing children is a sign of success. Clean house, work-outs, and sanity are all just gravy.

    The beauty of things that are meant to be, is that they seem to flow so easily. I have no doubt that an amazing house, in a wonderful neighborhood, for the right price, will pop up out of nowhere. And that someday, soon, Hannah will sleep.

    ReplyDelete