Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Randomly brought to you by an incoherient brain....

Hannah isn't sleeping again. Last night was bad. It could have been better had Elle not gotten up in the brief times Hannah was actually sleeping. Hannah redeemed herself with a two hour nap this afternoon while I played the bad parent card and put in Elle's favorite movie.

It was a glorious two hours of zombie mode mama cleaning.

Elle's favorite move is not Rapunzel, or Beauty & the Beast, or The Princess and the Frog (she actually did not like watching any of those). And all though my little princess loves playing with princess dolls her favorite movie is The Lion King. She cries every time Mufasa dies, laughs at Timone & Pumba's antics, smiles sheepishly when Nalla and Simba fall in love, and is on the edge of her seat cheering when Simba returns to fight Scar. I think she is an emotion junky.

One day I will be able to drink more than half a glass of vino. One day.

I am really looking forward to the sun, the beach and exploring San Diego. As much as I am going to miss my friends (can't think about not living in same area as the little sister) I have been homesick for awhile. California we are coming back!

I admire Corrie Ten Boom immensely. If you haven't read The Hiding Place please do. She has the type of faith that I want. And she reminds me that to make the right choice in the worst of circumstances only comes from making the the right choices in the mundane. Because she lived it when she says things like, "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength. (Clippings from My Notebook), I am inspired. Wow, what a woman.

I really dislike Twilight.  

I also dislike Downton Abby. I tried, I really did. I love Miss Marple, I love all things Jane Austen, if I had BBC America I may be ousting Elle's craft cupboard and putting back a T.V. I tried, I really, really tried. But it is SO historically inaccurate that it irritates me to no end! I could even forgive the soap opera like plot line if only they could of made it historically accurate. But no, instead it is a romanticized version of manor life in the Victorian era. Bleck.

I did like the Hunger Games, and Harry Potter (not the HP movies though, please HG movie be better!). I liked The Help (haven't seen the movie) so I am not totally anti mainstream taste.

I do love Pinterest.

I have become a negligent Facebooker.

In the last few days I have not responded to emails. I feel terrible about it. Zombie mode is a...well it makes it difficult.

Ok, the half glass of vino is empty. The babe has not woken since being put to sleep at 6:30 so I best close those eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to watch The Hunger Games? I am so excited about your new move and all the pretty sunshine it affords, but I do understand how difficult it is to voluntarily move away from your sister. Man I hope Hannah sleeps better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    I loved the Twilight books, until I read a "grown-up" review and realized how dysfunctional the character relationships are. Now I can't stand the whole thing (and I hated the first movie, never saw the rest). And I totally agree, the Harry Potter movies also suck. All this to say, thanks for freaking me out that Hunger Games might also suck. I have been looking forward to this movie for months!

    Don't watch The Help. I think it would've been a great movie if I hadn't read the book, but I didn't love it. Good luck with the sleeping. She's probably getting ready to walk (sleep regression). It may be and urban legend, but that's how I got/get myself through.

    ReplyDelete