Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Friday, April 22, 2011

That's my girl

* I love that L happily plays in her room, by her self, for and hour and a half. It is not a nap, but it is still "me time" for me, and I think she views it as "me time" for her. Can this happen twice?

* L's current career ambition is to be a construction worker. Her dream is to put on her orange vest and hard hat, walk up to all the boy construction workers and say in a breathy southern accent, "Hi Boys", and then climb up on to her baco tractor and dig holes. She tells us this almost daily.

* Yesterday, after scrutinizing my every growing stomach, L says, "Mommy, your tummy is HUGE! Hannah must be coming soon."

* The tutu phase seems to of ended. However, don't let the construction worker ambition fool you-tutus have been replaced with dresses. The dress obsessions has even entered bed time where nightgowns are the only acceptable attire.

* L has acquired our (Joe and I share this) slightly OCD need for a clean, clutter free house and after she is done playing in her room she picks up her toys, and puts them in her organized bins-she is rather particular about where each things goes. I can't decide if I should be worried or elated that she shares this neurosis.

*The following are not considered edible: cookies, cake, chocolate, anything that could be considered a bar from candy to granola, cereal, all bread except fresh baked artisan french bread, crackers, chicken, ground beef, sandwiches of any kind, butter, peanut butter, all nuts, baked macaroni and cheese, potatoes, mashed potatoes, french fries, tater tots, lettuce, tortellinis, raviolis, eggs-list goes on and on.

*The following are considered enjoyable as well as edible: all fruit, bell peppers, carrot sticks, fruit leather, fruit juice, club soda/sparkling water, yogurt, milk, non baked macaroni and cheese, all cheeses-the stronger the better, pepper, spaghetti if made with chicken sausage, pizza, Italian sausage.

* Diego has trumped Dora as Diego can talk to the animals. Diego's older sister, Alecia, trumps Diego as Alcia can talk to the animals and drive the jeep. L vacillates between being Girl Diego and Alecia. However, she always lets her bestie Aubree be Alecia since Aubree understandably does not really get the Girl Diego thing.

"Alecia" listening to hear what animal is in trouble.

Using her super cool binoculars from Grandad to spy the distressed creature.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, so so cute! I totally did the "nothing but dresses, all the time" thing when I was a kid. Drove my mother nuts! And I cannot tell you how much I love her construction worker fantasy :) She sounds absolutely awesome (but who's surprised?)

    ReplyDelete