Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Toll House Cookie Pie Recipe

So today, while the child napped,  I made this:

And it is so, so amazing. What the picture doesn't show is that there is a middle layer, between the soft, melty dark chocolate and the thin crunchy cookie like top, that is ooey and gooey and taste like a less sweet version of pecan pie filling. This pie is seriously amazing, and for being a person who is trying to have a steady, slow, not very much weight gain for the next 28 weeks this was a very bad decision.

The best part, no the taste is the best part. The second best part, it is seriously super simple and easy to make. Well, that is if you use a pre-made pie crust (I happen to have a homemade one already made in my freezer).

Sorry, I didn't think to take pictures of making  it. But really it is quite simple, easier than cookies.

Directions:
In a preheated oven of 425* cook pie crust in pie pan for 10-15 minutes (light golden brown)

When pie crust is done drop oven temperature to 325*

Mix in a mixer or bowl with hand beater:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup soften butter (I used unsalted and added 1/2 teaspoon of salt)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of flour.

Add
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I usually don't like nuts in desserts but I have made this with and without and the walnuts actually make a huge difference. They sink to the bottom with the chocolate so they aren't that noticeable but give a really good flavor and texture. So unless you are allergic I would stick with the walnuts).

Pour into pie crust.

Cook for 40-45 minutes. You want the top crackly looking, and med golden brown. It will look puffy, and the inside should still be a bit gooey. You really don't want to over cook it. (As it cools the puffy drops down)

For tastebud heaven serve with vanilla icecream (My thighs are currently so thankfull  that we don't have any icecream)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear. This looks delicious! My thighs may hate you for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... YUM! I think I'm going to make this for a Halloween party tonight!

    ReplyDelete