Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cooper Mountain Nature Reserve

A few weeks ago we discovered the best walking trails that are only about ten minutes from our house-Cooper Mountain Nature Reserve. They are miles of trails that form various loops, and have beautiful views of the Tualatin River Valley. Cooper Mountain is a product of one of things I really love about living in the Portland area- the Urban Growth  Boundary. Although a builders nightmare it means that certain areas of land within the Metro are reserved for farming and agriculture. Therefore you can drive through urban sprawl one moment and then the the next be in rolling hills and farms. Or if you have a lot of money own acreage and still be only ten minutes from downtown Portland. Our suburb happens to be surrounded by farmland on three sides, and therefore we get to be only minutes away from quite a few nature area walking trails. Cooper Mountain only opened a year ago, and sadly we waited a year too long to go there. Now it is park of our weekly walking adventures.

The View























L and I enjoying the walk























Joe and L discussing what kind of bird they are watching.























They have these all over the trails to amplify the nature sounds-L loves them.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun trip. You must have quite a trooper. If I hiked with my toddler I'm pretty sure one of us wouldn't make it back alive.

    ReplyDelete