Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Painting Day

Photobucket

Yesterday we tried beating the Portland winter blues by having some friends over for a painting day. Actually, originally we thought it was going to be a celebration of summer and had plan some messy outside painting fun. Sadly it was 56* and rainy, so I woke up at 3 am worried about what to do. Could I roll up the rug and move the furniture? Could I just plan some non-messy indoor crafts? I laid in my bed until 4 am fretting when Eureka! We have a covered deck that still needs to be stained for the summer so painting could be there, and a couple indoor crafts could be done inside. I was so awake by then I just got up.
Skyler got really into painting. Photobucket Photobucket

L pretty much was just interested in the novel squirt bottle.                                                             
Photobucket Photobucket

See L continued to just squirt, while  Tyler painted. Photobucket Tyler did a great job and got really into his art.Photobucket

Tyler even learned how to blow paint from a straw. Photobucket Photobucket

While L learned the art of sharing.Photobucket So that Ella could also learn the joy of squirtingPhotobucket 


Ella put on some "war paint."Photobucket  Photobucket
While Skyler looked on amused.Photobucket

L was probably off somewhere still squirting. 
And Jessica rocked baby Ginny. Photobucket 
And then Tyler and Ella congratulated each other on a job well done.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment