Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Saturday, November 26, 2011

On a clear day...

Today was clear and in Portland if a day is clear you best take advantage of it. Yesterday was clear too but sadly L has been sick and I was on extreme sleep deprivation so an inside kind of day it was. Not wanting to waste another clear day and having Joe busy tackling his end of term school work I decided to ignore my soar throat, bundle the girls, ergo Hannah, and tackle the fallen leaves in our yard. I got about half way done when L put down her rake and asked if she could play in the leaf pile. Thinking of the cute pictures we got last year I started visualizing something even cuter with sisters.
It didn't happen-Hannah was way too focused on leaves,  L was feeling more bossy than feeling well so, yeah.....
It started with Hannah examining leaves for the first time and L decorating Hannah's hat with the same substance.

L continues with the hat decor while Hannah decides to take her explorations to the next level.
L looks for the next perfect hat leaf.
Ah, that looks nice. But....
Oh NO! Hannah is eating leaves! L to the rescue cries out, "No, Hannah don't eat leaves!"
Feeling confident in saving her sister L goes back to finding hat leaves.
Hannah looks to see if L is occupied thoroughly.
And then quickly turns her head and sneaks a leaf back into her mouth.
But not sneaky enough for soon, "HANNAH I TOLD YOU, NO EATING LEAVES!" rings through our little burb.
Determined, Hannah picks up another and turns her head even more.
L is not fooled and grabs the leaf out of Hannah's hand.
L then uses her arm to block Hannah from getting anymore-may of been a tad too forceful in the block...
Kurplunk!
In case you were wondering, sleep did happen last night! Hannah woke up once around 11 pm, cried but went back to sleep before I could get out of bed. She then woke again at 1:30 am for food, cried for about ten minutes after I laid her back down, then slept for another five hours. 

1 comment:

  1. I love these!! This is exactly what sisters look like :) Your girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete