Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Battle of The Leaves


We have a lot of deciduous trees at our house, especially in our backyard. Which means each fall the battle of leaves versus man begins. This fall, as well as the entire year, has been especially wet so the leaves have hand the upper hand. But recently there has been a few dry days in a row so I put some play clothes on L and began to fight back. Sadly, well at least sadly as far as victory goes, kids and leaves are terribly cute so I sort of got swept up in fall picture documenting mode. In the end Joe got home, and came out to fight the battle with me. We got pretty much everything cleared, but by the next morning our efforts could hardly be seen. 


Pondering something important.

Telling me to go rake more leaves into her pile.

Scheming about.....

Eating a leaf.



Trying to get the eaten leaf back on the twig.

"Hmpf! It's not working!"

"But that is ok, I'm HAPPPY!"

"I have an idea!"

"Pull me through the leaves in my wagon."

"Plllllease!" (And I did.)

Then I remembered that my mom always made a pile of leaves at the bottom of our much larger and much steeper slide. L thought it was a great idea, but for awhile kept getting distracted by the leaves falling.

And down she goes.

"That was fun!" She entertained herself with the slide for awhile.

"Look! I am a leaf mermaid swimming in the leaves!"

"We need to get back to work, Mom."


"I rake like this."


"And like this."

"Oops. Not working."


No comments:

Post a Comment