Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Recently L has started thanking us at bedtime for the things we do for her. This showing of gratitude was prompted entirely by her, and I got to say it utterly warms my heart. Tonight she told Joe, "Daddy, thank you for playing with my toys with me. It makes me happy."
I was told, "Mommy, thank you for making me dinner. I liked it. What was it called?" Me, "Enchilladas." L, "Can you make it tomorrow too? Enchilladas are good!" There is something about her appreciating our to be expected parenting actions that melts me. There are so many things that I love about this girl, and her heart of gratitude is right up there on that list.

I would like to type more on this but am typing on my iPhone, and am going a bit bonkers at not being able to see what I am typing. My computer had a rather large fall recently that left it unusable-hence the lack of blogging. But lucky for me my brother-in-law is way more awesome than all the kings horses and all the kings men and remedied the problem, and soon a working laptop will be back in this household. His generosity has blessed my heart and encouraged my spirits beyond anything he will ever know. I am utterly in awe of his act of kindness and am reminded how God uses our passions and our gifts to bless others.

1 comment:

  1. That girl is so sweet! We're really working on gratitude with Eli and it's an everyday/every hour lesson. You guys are amazing parents!

    Loved your description of your brother-in-law! Glad he could get the computer working again.

    ReplyDelete