Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

upcycle onsie and headband


We are having winter in July-ok that may be a slight exaggeration as the highs are almost 70* but oh the relentless rain! Poor H has a closet full of cute summery clothes but more or less nothing for this July winter. So as I glanced outside and saw the downpour coming from the ever present rain clouds I knew I was going to have to be some what creative with her outfit. Luckily I had....
...purchased this reversible outfit at the GAP prior to her birth. But I didn't have an undershirt that matched it...
But I did have all this stuff. So I glued a ribbon across the ubiquitous Gerber onsie, plucked then glued two flowers together, added a gem in the middle. Then cut off the bow on the headband, plucked four more flowers of various sizes, layered them together, pushed a jewel brad through them, fastened the brad on to the headband. And...  (note: the picture was taken after the upcycle hence pink headband)
...In less than ten minutes had both of these. Which looked...
... like this on my babe. Also....
Like this. But since we were going out we needed to...
Add a hat and jacket-it being mid July and all. Kind of...
...looks like if I handed her a nightstick she would be ready to patrol the streets of London.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm seriously impressed. This is adorable, and so stylish! Hannah looks adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. click here for more

    ReplyDelete