Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Monday, March 21, 2011

A bit of L hummor

L loves to make jokes, and I got to say we really enjoy them. She has a rather dry sense of humor, loves irony, and finds puns to be hilarious. She thoughtfully inserts her jokes right into the conversation without skipping a beat. It usually takes us a second, as I said she is rather dry, and then when we ask, "L, did you just make a joke?" She giggles uncontrollably and says "YES! I did!" And continues her laughter.

Last night at dinner L made a pun out of my name. The same one that I heard most of my childhood by various boys trying to be clever. Our conversation at dinner went like this:

L: "Mom, what's your name?'
Me: "L, you know my name."
L: "Imaya?"
Me: "Yes"
L: [with a smile creeping out of the corners of her mouth, and one brow arched]
"I-may-a go take a bath now?"
Joe: [Huge burst of laughter]
"She just made the classic I-maya-a joke! I can't believe it!"
[All of us laughing rather uncontrollably]
L: "My joke was funny!"

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! Wow, she's one smart little girlie. :)

    ReplyDelete