Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Day of School

I know, January is not usually the month one sees the heading "first day of school", but you see I wasn't originally planing on sending L to preschool till fall 2011. However, between her begging to go, and finding the perfect school the time just seemed right.  L impressed her teacher on the first day by already knowing how to read and spell her name. However, there is still a lot for her to learn and her teacher has an amazing curriculum that blends art, academia and play perfectly. So far L is loving her one morning a week at school and did not miss me one bit. In fact, on the first day she told me "Mommy, I am in school now you need to go." How do they grow up that quick? In all honesty, I too am enjoying my one kid free morning a week (oh it is so productive!) so really it is a win-win for both of us. Well, almost a win-win. L's school does start the same time that she normally wakes up (Yes, L is asleep almost every night by 6:30 pm and wakes almost every morning at 8:30 am), so having to wake her up as been a bit of a struggle. So if she looks a tad sleepy in the following pictures you know why.
All ready to go. (Notice the chubby cheeks? Right before my very tall (97%) child has a growth spurt her cheeks get really chubby. This picture was taken two weeks ago, and already the cheeks are back to normal and the girl is taller!

Listening to the instructions with her life long friend Skyler.

Putting her things in her cubby.

Checking everything out.

Examining the classroom

Discussing something important with some of her classmates.

Sorry for how blurry she is, but she just happily found her name on a card, read it out loud and was squealing.

She then sat down, said she was ready to start school and for me to leave :-)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I bet she's LOVING preschool. Kiley started last January too (just after she turned 3 in November) and it was perfect timing. Wish we were closer so L could come to Munchkin Academy. What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete