Why Intentful not Intentional

Why intentful and not intentional: I was thinking about how much time I spend just thinking but not actually doing and laughed to myself that I was a "thoughtful" person but what I need to be is an "intentful" person. My thoughts need to transcend into intentional action and thus I need to move away from being "thoughtful" to "intentful".

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Dusting of Snow

One thing about living in P-town is you learn quickly to take weather forecast with a grain of salt. When we first moved we were utterly baffled by how inaccurate the weather predictions were, because in California they are quite accurate. But then again, California isn't known for its complex weather systems, whereas the North West is. So far the great November snow has storm only brought barley a dusting, which for one who gets cabin fever rather easily I am not complaining.

I was a little sad that there wasn't more snow for Linnea. The first thing she said upon waking yesterday morning was, "Mommy, there is a little snow! Don't worry, tomorrow will be the big snow" (it wasn't). She wanted to get out there instantly, and really wanted to try building a snowman. But do it only being a dusting she settled for the exploration of snow in the mouth instead.

"I can eat it?"


























First bite of the season-and looking very much like her father at this age.

























Instantly headed out for more.





































Checking out the spot.


































And going for it. 





































And going for more.

























And more.


































I think you get the picture of what activity a dusting of snow brings.

On the plus side I did get some cute eating snow faces. This is L savoring the snow.
The happily going for more face.
The "Mommy I like snow, I am happy" face.
And the classic, "I am done with picture taking" face.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun how excited kids get over snow? Our were thrilled this year when the snow started. I think L needs to come visit us- we have PILES of snow up here! :)
    Such cute pictures- she's looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete